Proper waste management is an effective way to maximize your resources and reduce business costs, especially if you invest in a trash compactor. A commercial trash compactor can reduce the volume of garbage by 50% to 90%, compressing it into a densely packed form that takes up less space.
Here are the top 5 ways in which this equipment can help your bottom line:
- Lower Removal Frequency – The cost of collecting and hauling waste can easily spin out of control, especially if your business produces a lot of trash. By compacting different types of garbage, a trash compactor reduces the volume of trash as well as the amount of space required for storing it.
When you have less garbage piling up, you can reduce the frequency at which garbage collection trucks or trash haulers need to visit your premises. That means you’re paying for fewer pickups, which can add up to serious savings in the long run.
- Less Storage Space Required – Whether it’s a manufacturing facility, office or any other kind of commercial property, space is always at a premium. You need to maximize the space available for daily operations, but at the same time, you also need to store trash in a proper manner until it’s hauled away.
Instead of being wasted on dumpsters and other garbage storage areas, a lot of space can be freed up if trash is compacted. This makes it available for more productive uses instead!
- Better Sanitation & Hygiene – Not only does compacted trash require less space, but it’s also less likely to spill, fall or spread during handling and storage. This helps you control the collection and movement of waste on your property, as well as avoid litter, bad odors, and rodents or pests that may be drawn to open garbage.
Proper sanitation is not only good for your image but also improves workplace safety and protects your business against legal/medical costs associated with potential threats to employees’ health.
- Higher Employee Efficiency – Without a compactor on the premises, your employees may have to keep visiting external dumpsters to take out small loads of garbage. If you cut down the time your staff spends collecting, managing or hauling trash, you can use your resources more efficiently.
Labor costs are high, so proper time and resource management is crucial. With a garbage compactor that’s easily accessible, employees can use their time for more productive activities instead!
- Going “Green” Helps Your Reputation – Trash compactors allow for more effective recycling practices, as well as reducing the space that non-recyclable waste takes up in a landfill. With a higher awareness of the environmental impact caused by poor trash management, people tend to respond better to “green” businesses today.
Any company that focuses on eco-friendly operations, responsible waste disposal and reducing its carbon footprint enjoys a better reputation among consumers. Of course, that usually translates into a positive impact on revenue as well.
If you want to know about garbage compactors and other waste management solutions, contact the experts at Compactor Management Company. Along with helping you choose the right equipment, our team can also help you analyze the money you would save by installing it. Call us to learn more today!