The growing concern over waste accumulation has propelled many world leaders and famous organizations to take huge initiatives in the different waste management programs. Major work has been done by different corporations who have realized the importance of waste management programs.
Why should famous corporations join the waste management race?
It has been asked several times as to why big and famous companies need to join the race of waste management. Well, there are many reasons behind it. Some of them are:
- Brand name: One of the biggest reasons for big companies to join the run for waste management is their famous brand name. When you have goodwill in the market of creating products that are not only innovative, but also the best in quality, you need to take care of the name and reputation. If your company gets associated with something as sensitive as waste generation, it will, undoubtedly, tarnish the name, which will thereby lower the brand value in the market.
- Marketing: This has become a marketing strategy of different companies. Being a part of the waste management team gives a big boost to the sales of a company. Apart from this, it is also becoming a part of marketing campaigns, which again ensures better sales.
- Different regulations: There are many regulations and legislation’s that every company needs to follow to conduct their business activities. Nowadays, with so much hype about waste management, there are regulations, which govern the entire process. Therefore, companies need to follow the established guidelines and legislation’s to ensure smooth functioning of their business.
Famous Companies Involved in Waste Management
There are many companies, which have initiated different waste management procedures. Some have even put waste management as a major policy in their objectives. There are two companies, which have taken waste management to a different level with their various types of programs and initiatives.
Intel Corporation has always been known for its innovative and quality oriented products. Therefore, its name has always been associated with different types of programs that have been beneficial for people across the world.
Its waste management program has been a comprehensive effort to reduce gaseous emissions and optimize the use of water in its products. Striving ahead in this field, Intel has made the following achievements:
- It has been able to reduce its greenhouse emissions and is now aiming at reducing the emissions by 10 percent per chip by the year 2020.
- Due to various efforts, it has been able to cut down its chemical waste below the 2010 levels. It has also been able to eliminate and lower the percentage of chemical waste going to the landfills.
- Making efforts in different fields of waste management, it has been able to recycle 90% of its solid waste.
- It is still trying to cut down on its carbon footprint by installing solar panels and opting for other green energy sources.
- It has been looking to adjust its buildings, according to LEED Silver requirements.
Despite doing all this, Intel has been missing different targets in water usage and chemical waste production. According to its reports, Intel has increased its water usage on the per chip level. With different energy efficient products being introduced in the market by this corporation, Intel still needs to initiate different waste management programs to achieve all its goals.
Coca Cola has a huge reputation in the market for its flavored beverages. Apart from this, it is also known for its different waste management programs. Some of the initiatives taken by Coke are as follows:
- It has just introduced new programs to improve its infrastructure as per the new waste management norms.
- It has also initiated different services in its organization to increase the recycling behavior.
- It is also initiating different packaging solutions, which includes recycled products.
With the above efforts by these big corporations, it is quite evident that waste management can be achieved without any hassle.