Plastic Shredders and Their Key Features
Plastic shredders play a key role in plastic recycling plants and production facilities. It offers several benefits in addition to processing plastics that are used as raw materials for other products like storage containers, toys, packaging bags, and consumer electronics. Industrial plastic shredders not only help with size reduction, but also with recouping waste plastic.
Shredders are an indispensable component of efficient and cost-effective operations in the recycling and waste management industry. Plastic shredders are designed for shredding a wide variety of plastics and so, they vary from low speed to moderate speed with high torque and come in varying specifications and blade sizes.
Available in different makes and models, plastic shredders typically range from single shaft machines to an advanced four shaft mechanism that includes grinders, granulators, hammers, and cutters along with sorting and shaking functionality. They can typically drive from 50HP to 1,250HP and their key features include:
- A rugged structure
- Screen and vibration classifiers
- Discharge conveyors
- Heavy-duty gear
- Auto-reverse functionality
- Low noise level
- Single, double and four shaft mechanisms
- Advanced customization for altering the shape and size of materials
The various applications of plastic shredders include the plastic industry, laboratories, pharmaceutical companies, manufacturing units, catering industry, food processing facilities, bio-medical waste management plants, nursing homes, healthcare facilities, cardboard manufacturing units, and supermarkets.
Benefits of Using Plastic Shredders in Waste Management
- Plastic shredders help recover waste during different industrial processes like moulding, trimming and casting.
- Shredded waste is easier to handle or re-use.
- Shredding is also an efficient waste disposal method, and this greatly reduces the cost of recycling for several industries.
- Plastic shredders are also being used to generate revenue by facilities that sell shredded plastic for use as raw material.
- They convert plastic waste into reusable raw material for manufacturing plastic containers, PET bottles and PVC products.
- They also help recoup waste disposed from commercial units.
- When used for shredding important business documents, CDs and floppies that contain confidential details, plastic shredders help maintain privacy.
- By recycling and repurposing the plastic waste, companies can also reduce their carbon footprint and save the environment.
The Role of Plastic Shredder Recycling in Commercial Industries
Plastic shredders are an efficient and effective solution for turning scrap materials into valuable resources no matter the size and shape of plastic. Shredders are extremely useful when you are working with plastic products, vinyl materials and PVC pipes. Plastic in any unwanted form can be transformed into manageable and useful material that can be used for making various products. If you want to ensure efficient and quality plastic shredding, it is important to choose the right machine that incorporates the usability and offers the performance you need.
Selecting the Right Plastic Shredder for Your Business Needs
Depending on the size and type of plastic scrap to be processed, different industrial shredders are available for plastic shredding. The internal mechanism of a plastic shredder typically travels in lateral, vertical or rotary directions and the speed also varies depending on the material. Plastic shredders can be classified into the following six types based on the process for which they are employed:
- Hammer Mills: Used for shattering or pulverizing materials in a rotary drum that employs swiveling hammers.
- Granulators: Used for recycling plastic from production processes. Granulators also include thermoforming units for producing scrap material that is easy to handle.
- Chippers: Chippers feature high-speed rotary knives that efficiently reduce material to flakes and chips.
- Grinders: Grinders use the combined power of abrasion and compression to pulverize materials and produce granular products.
- Shear Shredders: Available in different configurations, these shredders employ rotary cutters and guillotine style knives for cutting materials according to industrial needs.
- All-purpose Shredders: Widely used for recycling purposes and demolition programs, all-purpose shredders are large, run at low-speed and have high torque shafts.
Apart from being eco-friendly, industrial shredders help reduce hauler expenses and eliminate the hours that plastic typically takes to burn down. We stock a wide range of industrial shredders to suit unique business requirements with flexible financing options. Call us to know which industrial shredder best suits your business needs.