Ever wondered how fast our household garbage bin gets filled up much before we realize that it’s full to capacity. Sitting at home, US citizens produce more than 2 kg of waste per person per day.
Now just imagine what will be the case with big industries and mass production companies who just cannot help with piles of waste due to their high-scale production.
Municipal solid waste is a relatively small part of the overall waste generated in the United States. More than 95 percent of the total solid waste generated in the United States each year is agricultural, mining, or industrial waste.
Leading the way!
- The U.S. States lead the world in the production of waste, followed by other leading industrial nations.
- Produce a quarter of the world’s waste despite the fact that its population of 300 million is less than 5% of the world’s population, according to 2005 estimates.
- Industrial facilities generate and dispose of approximately 7.6 billion tons of industrial solid waste each year.
How this Waste hurts?
- The raw material that ends up as waste is no way cheap, if available locally or imported. Even more, disposing off the waste adds to the rising costs of industrial houses and companies having mass production.
- Huge piles of waste objects can create havoc in your workplace, if not treated properly. Apart from consuming a vast portion of the work floor, they can make the environment unsuitable and unhealthy.
- Americans waste or cause to be wasted nearly 1 million pounds of materials per person every year – 3.5 billion pounds of carpet land filled, 3.3 trillion pounds of CO2 gas emitted into the atmosphere, 19 billion pounds of polystyrene peanuts, 28 billion pounds of food discarded, 360 billion pounds of organic and inorganic chemicals used for manufacturing, 710 billion pounds of hazardous waste and 3.7 trillion pounds of construction debris.
- If waste water is factored in, the total annual flow of waste in the American Industrial system is 250 trillion pounds.
Need Waste Management?
- The developed world is increasingly working on the long-term goal is to turn into a recycling society, avoiding waste and using unavoidable waste as a resource wherever possible.
- The aim is to achieve much higher levels of recycling and to minimize the extraction of additional natural resources. Proper waste management is a key element in ensuring resource efficiency and the sustainable growth of economies.
Recycling: good for economy, environment
- Industrial waste has a huge impact on the environment, causing pollution and greenhouse gas emissions that contribute to climate change, as well as significant losses of raw materials.
- Much of the waste can be recycled. Recycling reduces the amount of waste that ends up in landfill sites, while cutting down on the amount of material needed from the natural environment and of course the heavy money one needs to pay for it.
Recycling saves energy
- Recycle aluminum can, for example, save around 95% of the energy needed to make a new one from raw material.
- It improves efficiency, reduces fuel use, saves landfill space, improves air quality, improves water quality and most importantly reduces the rate of global warming which is the cause of climate change.
Weapons of waste destruction!
- A business owner having avant-garde trash compactors can treat unmanageable volumes of waste produced in manufacturing, hospitality, hospitals, industries, restaurants, schools/universities, or retail chains.
- Compact size, trash compactors make it possible to stack more waste material in the same space and reduce the number of hauling rounds.
- Technically advanced recycling balers are capable of bailing plastic, textile, paper, cardboard, non-ferrous metals and other kinds of recyclable waste.
- Perfect option for urban industries (manufacturing sites or business houses), which often struggle due to limited storage space as trash balers help in reducing the amount of space needed for storing dry and recyclable waste.
Recycling Guide Infographic:
Infographic by: BuildingsGuide.com
Wish to cut needless additional staff for feeding trash compactors or balers? Mechanical conveyor apparatuses are capable of mechanically transporting waste material from the point of entry to the machine.
- Whether it is for reducing the size/volume of solid waste or destroying sensitive business documents and other files, shredders come with a long list of benefits.
- Totally enclosed containers help in controlling the rodents and eliminate the unpleasant odor emitted by the waste material.
- Glass, can and drum crushers help get rid of items like glasses, cans, plastics, tins, and other such materials naturally. It increases recyclable outgo, reduces the hauling expenses and multiplies revenue in the long run.