Worn out tires are one of the most challenging and biggest sources of waste. However, tire recycling offers a plethora of gainful business opportunities as rubber is reused in numerous ways. In most of the countries, rubber waste and tire recycling is a thriving industry and employs thousands of people directly and indirectly. This industry is slated to grow at an impressive rate.
If you are looking forward to setting up a tire shredding business, this guide will help you get started by giving you a basic understanding of the different aspects involved.
Applications for Shredded Tires
Let’s take a look at some of the most lucrative applications:
- Ground Rubber – It is produced by grinding scrap tires into small pieces of varied sizes. Most common applications include landscaping mulch, rubber-modified asphalt and rubber products and mats
- Tire-derived Fuel – It is a cleaner and an attractive alternative to coal and is used widely in pulp and paper mills, electric utility boilers and cement kilns.
- Civil Engineering – The civil industry is increasingly choosing shredded tires as a replacement for clay or sand in road and landfill construction, septic tank fields, landfill cover and many other construction jobs.
Now let’s take a look at the steps you need to follow to set up your tire shredding business.
Steps to Set up the Business
- Prepare an exhaustive business plan with the help of online resources or a professional. An ideal business plan should address aspects like business structure, management team, products, marketing, location etc.
- Chart out the funding strategy. It’s a capital intensive venture as you will need a large expanse of land, heavy equipment, storage facility, waste management system etc.
- Choose a strategic location. If your factory is located far away from the source of raw materials your business will have to bear unnecessary haulage and transportation expenses. An ideal location will be close to the site of raw materials as well as buyers.
- Build a strong team which comprises machine operators, tire collectors, drivers, cleaners and casual labor
- Create a robust marketing strategy and include diverse marketing platforms such as social media, print media etc. Also study the competitor’s marketing strategy to understand how best you can pitch your brand.
Select the Right Equipment
Choosing the right tire shredder equipment is one of the most crucial decisions you will make while setting up your tire shredding business. You can choose from a plethora of options available today in the market for tire shredders. Right from fabricated equipment to fully automated machines – you can choose a perfect match for your needs and as per your budget. There are a few important things to keep in mind while choosing a tire shredder for your business –
- The machine should be heavy duty and rugged inbuilt so that it can handle heavy operations
- It should be efficient and cost-effective.
- A complete line should have the capacity to repurpose or process scrap tires
- The equipment should comprise of parts such as shredders, granulators, and powderizers
You can choose from:
- Single pass shredders
- Wire-free/mulch production system
- Tire derivative fuel production system
- Recycling system
- Tire de-beading machinery
- Mobile Shredder
Contact us at Compactor Management Company, today, to understand how the right type of tire shredder can help you start up and build your tire shredding business on a perfect note.