Paper shredders are a great investment they destroy any sensitive documents that your company wants to get rid of. Your rights to privacy and ownership are forfeited when papers are put in the trash, which makes paper shredders shredding vital for your document disposal.
What are the 5 Types of Industrial Paper Shredders?
This type of shredder only uses one set of blades to slice documents into thin strips ranging from 1/2 inches to 1/16 inches wide. Strip cut shredders vary in size from large industrial designs to small single document shredders. These types of shredders can shred a lot more documents at a time than cross-cut shredders of the same size due to being single bladed
These shredders use two blades to cut documents into small squares that vary in size from 3/8 inches to 1/32 of an inch. Cross cut shredders offer more security than strip cuts and are a lot more difficult to put together again. They also produce a lot less waste volume than strip-cuts.
This cuts your documents into tiny chips and provides an even higher level of security than a cross cut shredder.
Industrial Paper Shredder
Industrial shredders are designed for high volume and high frequency shredding but they are usually only used by large companies or by shredding companies. Industrial shredders can also make shredded paper into bales.
Cardboard boxes cost a lot of money to dispose of them. A cardboard shredder is used in all businesses that involve shipping. Cardboard shredders cut boxes into “filler” material that can be reused as packing material for fragile goods.
What are the steps involved in Paper recycling?
Paper can be recycled roughly about 4-6 times but the fibers tend to become weaker and new virgin pulp has to be added into the mix to maintain the strength and quality of the fiber. Recycling of paper follows these 7 steps depending on the type of paper and its degree of deterioration:
- Sorting: All paper products must be sorted according to their composition and the rate of their deterioration. Some types of paper can’t be mixed be mixed together, however.
- Baling: Large amounts of recycled paper can be compressed and packed into blocks that are easier to move and transport.
- Shredding: Recycled fiber is shredded into smaller pieces and mixed in water to create pulp.
- Washing: The pulp is washed after which it is refined and cleaned then turned into the liquid form that undergoes filtering through screens to remove any contaminants. Dyes and other additives can also be added during this process and water is usually drained and cleaned for reuse.
- Bleaching: The pulp is bleached to whiten the paper.
- Pressing: The paper sheet that is made up of the refined fibers is known as a “web” is pressed between massive rollers to extract and squeeze out as much water as possible. After which the partially wet paper web is run through heated dryer rollers to remove the rest of the moisture.
- Rolling: The finished recycled paper is made into large rolls that are to be made into new consumer products.
What are the Applications of Recycled Paper and Cardboard?
Recycled paper can be used to make completely new products which are made up of the recycled fiber along with virgin fiber. Some products that are made of recycled materials are:
- Egg cartons
- Grocery bags
- Cellulose insulation material
Using Shredded Paper Filler for Packaging
Shredders can shred most anything that is made up of fibers and will generate a lot of packing material which you can use. By filling plastic bags with paper, these paper cushions tend to do a great job of protecting the corners of your cardboard boxes. Using shredded paper is a much more practical and eco friendly way to pack and ship your products.
Here is a detailed post that covers 20 Smart Uses For Shredded Paper Around The Home:
How Sustainable Packaging Can Save You Money?
Eco-friendly and biodegradable packaging helps companies reduce their business expenses. You don’t usually need as much packaging when you opt for biodegradable packaging which also makes your packages lighter and less expensive for commercial shipping. Deciding to use a more sustainable and eco-friendly type of packaging adds a lot of value to both your company as well as your customers. So make sure to look into eco-friendly packaging so that you can understand the benefits of switching to it. I hope this article was useful to you and your business.
Compactor Management Company (former Northern California Compactors, Inc.) offers installation and support services for waste recycling equipment such as waste compactors, balers, shredders & conveyor systems. Established in 1981, it offers waste management solutions across the United States.